Front End Developer / User Interface Engineer (Expression Engine + Wordpress)
Working as a frontend developer requires the soul of a designer and the skills of an engineer - you'll be collaborating closely with the design, backend development and product teams to use cool current technology to build outstanding interactive experiences for organizations who make a difference in the world.
- CSS development with SASS and either Compass or Bourbon on your projects
- Frequent work on large responsive sites where you'll be able to effectively structure and organize media queries for desktop and mobile devices
- Producing faithful interpretations of design comps across all modern desktop and mobile browsers with semantic HTML5 and modularized CSS
- Progressive enhancement to deliver good experiences to old browsers and great experiences to modern ones - our work is usable in IE7 and gorgeous in IE10 (and other modern browsers of course)
- Researching and leveraging existing jQuery plugins to achieve interactions when appropriate, and implementing complex interactions from scratch when appropriate
- Expression Engine and Wordpress configuration and templating
- Working with your team to translate wireframes and design comps into clear, client-maintainable content models
- Selecting appropriate Expression Engine modules and Wordpress plugins to achieve project goals
- Working as part of a site or product team to understand the goals and strategy behind each project from conception to completion
A Hundred Years is a creative consultancy at the intersection of business and purpose helping organizations solve some the world's greatest challenges. Extraordinary organizations – TED, The Smithsonian, XPrize, UCLA Health System – partner with us to design experiences that delight, inspire & connect people to what matters most.
We're up to big things at our spacious Downtown LA HQ, and are always looking for new talent to join the crew. As part of A Hundred Years, you'll enjoy a tight-knit and passionate team, hosted weekly lunches, a ping-pong table for daily R&R, meetings in a 1966 Airstream trailer, and a weekly happy hour.
Preference for local candidates, but we are open to remote candidates as well.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment, interactive agency, or as part of an in-house development team preferred.
- Prior experience with Expression Engine also preferred.
- An online portfolio of launched, exceptional work.
- Experience with modern front-end development practices (naturally!)
- A Github account - it's ok if you don't have any public code, but we want to see that you are following some interesting projects and people. Of course, even better if you have some public projects we can look at!
- Deep familiarity with CSS3 and the HTML5 APIs.
- Solid in-depth JS/jQuery knowledge.
- Enthusiastic, imaginative demeanor with the ability to translate complex business and strategic recommendations into simple, elegant experiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate your ideas with teammates, designers, product managers, art directors, studio leadership, and clients.
- A passion for building things. You like designers. You like making clients happy.